This website www.splitagift.com managed by Split-A-Gift B.V. (hereinafter, also referred to as: we, us/our), is an online platform that makes it possible for you to split a gift with a Charity of your choice.
In order to provide our services via this platform, we need to process certain personal data. This is for example the case if you have created an Account with us as the Host of an Event, or because you were invited as a Guest to an Event via our platform by your Host. In this Privacy Statement we inform you as best we can about the processing of your information by Split-A-Gift. We also inform you about the role of Stichting Beheer Split-A-Gift established by us as the administrator of received Gifts.
We may amend this Privacy Statement at any time. Last update of this Privacy Statement of Split-A-Gift:1 May 2015.
Who does this Privacy Statement apply to?
- This Privacy Statement is aimed at everyone who visits our website and/or uses our services on the platform. You can be a Host with an Account, a Guest, a contact person of a Charity or just a visitor of our website.
- Split-A-Gift notified the processing of your personal data to the Dutch Data Protection Authority (College Bescherming Persoonsgegevens; CBP number m1591432).
What personal data of yours does Split-A-Gift process?
- If you have opened an Account on our platform as a Host, we may amongst other things process the following personal data of yours: your name, email address, your bank account number, login credentials for accessing your Account, the Charity chosen by you for each Event, your desired Percentage for the allocation of the Gifts that will be made by your Guests (consisting of Donations, and optionally a Present to you) also determined for each Event by you, your chosen Payment Deadline (which is the final closing date before which your Guests need to transfer their Gift), content submitted by yourself or others on your Event Page(s), and other information you provide us or which we have received from others, such as your Guests in the context of content submitted by them on your Event Page(s)
- We will mainly process business data of Charities. However, we will also process personal data of a Charity's contact person(s). In such case, we may amongst other things process your following personal data: your name, job title, name and Profile of the Charity you represent, your contact details, bank account number of your Charity, information regarding transferable or transferred Donations, and other information which you have provided to us or which we received from others, such as comments and information about complaints.
- We also automatically process the following categories of information of all our website visitors: information with regard to your visit to our website, browsing behaviour, information about the computer used, such as IP address, browser specifications and operating system.
For which purposes do we use your personal data?
- We process your personal data so you can use the features of our online platform as optimally as possible and in order to provide our services to you.
- Whether you are a Host, Guest, contact person of a Charity, or a website visitor, we will process your personal data solely for the following purposes: providing and carrying out our services, especially in order to make sure that the Donations can be made to the Charities, maintaining contact with you, analysing the use of our website, securing and optimising our website, internal management, improving our services and compiling user statistics and other analyses, handling complaints and disputes, and complying with applicable laws and regulations.
- If you are a Guest, the following applies. When we have received your Gift, we shall inform your Host thereof, stating your name and email address. We will also inform the Charities for which the Donation is intended about receiving your Donations, stating your name and email address and the amount of your Donation. We have agreed with the Charities that they can solely use your information for sending you a one-time confirmation email for confirming the receipt of your Donation. Thanks to this email from the Charity you can see confirmation of actual payment of your Donation by Stichting Beheer Split-A-Gift to the Charity. You can also use this email for tax purposes. Donations are to a certain extent tax deductible. We recommend that you contact the tax authorities for more information.
- Your personal data is not processed for any other purposes other than described in this Privacy Statement.
- We entered into a data processing agreement with Stichting Beheer Split-A-Gift about the processing of personal data in connection with the administration and receipt of Gifts to be made. In addition, we may also engage external service providers that also provide services as a data processor according to the Dutch Data Protection Act in connection with which your personal data is processed. Besides Stichting Beheer Split-A-Gift, another example of such a processor is the service provider for the hosting and maintenance of our website. Data processors may process your personal data only on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions. We conclude a data processing agreement with each data processor for this purpose in accordance with the Guidelines on the protection of personal data (Richtsnoeren inzake de beveiliging van persoonsgegevens) from the CBP.
- Other than the situations described in this Privacy Statement, we will not disclose your personal data to others, unless we consider it necessary for complying with our legal obligations, protecting our or others' rights, or to enforce compliance with this Privacy Statement.
- We do our very best to implement appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect against loss, abuse and alteration of your personal information under our control. Although we exercise all reasonably required care for a secure data processing in accordance with the Guidelines on the protection of personal data by the CBP, we can not guarantee that the processing of data remains secure at all times. We accept no liability for damages suffered by you or third parties as a result of unauthorised access to your (personal) data, unless such damage is caused by intent or gross negligence on our part.
- If you as a Host suspect unauthorised use of your Account by others, you must inform us immediately by email.
How can you exercise your rights?
- Do you have questions about how we process your personal data, or would you like to inspect, correct or remove your personal information? Please contact us via the contact details below or via our Notice & Takedown Procedure [LINK], which also provides you with the opportunity for reporting any unlawful processing of your personal data.
- Split-A-Gift B.V., registered with the Chamber of Commerce number 60687738 and having its registered office at Prins Hendriklaan 28 (1075 BD) Amsterdam, email: email@example.com; VAT number 854016326 B 01, bank account number Stichting Beheer Split-A-Gift NL08 INGB 0006 691615, registered with the Chamber of Commerce number 61644404.